Jujo Thermal Press Release
The accidental chemical release at the Kauttua plant in spring 2011 has led to several improvements at the plant and the training and instructions given to the plant's personnel have been fine-tuned. In addition, the water treatment plant processing the plant's wastewater has undergone expansion.
The judicial process concerning the accident will start at the Satakunta District Court on 20 October.
”The unfortunate accident was caused by unforeseen equipment failures and a human error. Fortunately its impacts were minor,” says Matti-Pekka Vanninen, Kauttua Plant Manager, Jujo Thermal Ltd.
In late May 2011, the Jujo Thermal plant in Kauttua accidentally released some 750kg of a compound called bisphenol A to a canal leading to the JVP-Eura water treatment plant, and consequently the treated water flowed into the Eurajoki river. The matter has now been taken to district court, alleging Jujo Thermal’s carelessness and/or gross negligence. The accident, however, could not have been reasonably foreseen as the monitoring equipment had functioned flawlessly before. The event was also preceded by a human error.
Bisphenol A (BPA) is harmful as a chemical substance, but not toxic. It disperses in water and is biologically degraded fast. There was no environmental impact originated from this accidental chemical release.
Jujo Thermal set out to rectify the situation immediately after the accident and made several improvements to the plant's equipment and to the guidelines and training given to the plant's employees. Jujo Thermal is committed to leave as small an ecological footprint on the environment as possible.
For further information, please contact:
Jujo Thermal Ltd.
+358 10 303 200
+358 10 303 2429
- 20.10.2014Jujo Thermal Press Release
- 20.10.2014Jujo Thermal lehdistötiedote
- 17.10.2014Jujo Thermal establishes a subsidiary in Russia
- 17.09.2014Greetings from the President
- 02.07.2014Updated product selectors
- 06.06.2014Jujo Thermal at Labelexpo Americas
- 30.05.2014Yoshihide Kimura appointed President and CEO of Jujo Thermal
- 09.05.2014Multipurpose top-coated AL60KT-LH™
- 25.03.2014Working at Jujo Thermal
- 25.03.2014Non-phenol thermal papers
- 12.02.2014Kesätyöt - Summer Jobs
- 23.12.2013Nippon the sole owner of Jujo Thermal
- 27.11.2013New website opened
- 06.11.2013AL60KT-LH™: The best multipurpose product ever
- 03.10.2013Jujo at Labelexpo - winning lottery numbers
- 18.09.2013Thermal Transfer Fluorescent paper - with intense colours
- 18.09.2013Visit Jujo stand at Labelexpo and win fabulous product prizes
- 15.08.2012Jujo Thermal Customer Survey
- 21.06.2012Jujo Thermal 20 years