By acting responsibly among our employees, customers and other stakeholders, we create a foundation for a profitable business and promote welfare for our surrounding community. The history of the paper production in Kauttua dates back more than one hundred years. We want to participate in ensuring a vital future for the area as well.
- The share of certified wood: 100%
- Number of employees: 200
- Number of summer workers in 2020: over 30
- Ecological technology. As a method, thermal printing is ecological. The machines are small and reliable, and their energy consumption is relatively low. Thermal printing produces less waste than other techniques.
- Low waste amounts and emissions. Jujo Thermal actively strives to reduce waste and emissions. The mill has a waste sorting program and a wastewater cleaning facility.
- Ecological deliveries. Jujo Thermal favours environmentally friendly delivery forms. In practice, this means using trains and cargo ships for deliveries whenever possible.
- Renewable energy. We continuously strive to reduce energy consumption and promote use of renewable energy. The main part of our consumed thermal energy is generated from recycled material.
PART OF THE COMMUNITY
The paper industry has been part of Kauttua’s history more than one hundred years. We want to carry our own responsibility for the history to continue. Most of our employees live in our company’s home town, Kauttua, which is one of the reasons an open and transparent communication and cooperation with local actors is important to us. For instance, we have arranged open house days, where the guests can familiarize themselves with our business. We are also part of the JOKI program, which is a fund focusing on protection of the local rivers. The organizer of the program is the Pyhäjärvi institute.
We have been granted FSC and PEFC certificates. The pulp used for our products is elementally chlorine free (ECF). We have also been granted quality, environment, and occupational health and safety certificates (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
FSC ® certificate: License number FSC-C012466 INS-COC-100009
We have received EcoVadis GOLD recognition for our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). EcoVadis is a solution for monitoring sustainability in global supply chains and its CSR assessment is an evaluation of how well a company has integrated the principles of CSR into their business and management system. CSR focuses on how companies manage their economic, social and environmental impacts, as well as their relationships with stakeholders such as employees, governments and customers.